The industrial products and services sector covers a broad range of activity and a large share of global trade: from the manufacture of high precision componentry to mass produced commodity items, from capital installations to supply chain consulting. There are strong growth opportunities internationally for high quality businesses with the right focus.
Key challenges the sector is facing include:
- Developing IP to provide a market leading position with high barriers to entry.
- Providing a clear value-add offering that meets to needs of the customer and the customer’s customer.
- Developing evidence-based sales and marketing propositions that validate the level of value-add delivered.
- Strategically managing the supply chain through strategic partnerships, vertical integration or operating in complex environments.
Our industrial products and services practice focuses on advising clients on enhancing their customer proposition, competitive positioning and internal capabilities to deliver sustained growth. Our team combines a wealth of consulting and operational experience (for example, Jon Whiteman who leads the team, has manufacturing, R&D and sales experience within the packaging and drinks industries). Combining this with our network of industry experts allows us to provide operational advice alongside strategic commercial support.
Recent sub-sectors that we have been engaged in include:
- Paper, print and packaging
- Precision engineering
- Machine tools
- Digital print technology
- Healthcare products and devices
- Aerospace and defence
- Automotive components
- Industrial electronics
- Energy, utilities and natural resources
- Testing and inspection
- Capital maintenance
- Transportation and logistics
- Supply chain management
- Materials development
- Engineering consultancy and recruitment