Our client engaged us to provide consulting support for their potential investment in a specialist supplier of flexible, rigid and semi-rigid plastic packaging solutions. The business had operations in Germany, UK and the Middle East and served a range of end markets including food, consumer packaged goods and medical / hygiene. This work followed successful commercial due diligence engagements on two of our client’s other plastic packaging portfolio companies.
"In the packaging space CIL definitely have the edge over other advisory firms. Throughout the process it was a good experience and the output was of high quality. It has reaffirmed our opinion of CIL. I have been very happy with them as usual.” - Private equity client
We built and analysed a large base of market and company data, and carried out interviews with customers, potential customers, competitors and industry experts across European, Middle Eastern and African countries. This enabled us to provide detailed information and advice relating to:
- The business’ core capabilities, new product development, sector focus and geographies.
- Revenue and margin trends, including customer acquisition, pricing analysis and operational benchmarking.
- Market size and segmentation.
- Assessment of packaging trends, e.g. technical requirements such as multi-layer films, impact of regulatory considerations, cost pressures, product substitution, etc.
- Analysis of packaging demand in the Middle East, including Western multinationals aligning with packaging partners to enter emerging markets.
- Supply chain dynamics.
- Customer sourcing strategies and key purchase criteria.
- Competitive environment and customer referencing.
Our client invested in the business and has merged its plastic packaging portfolio into a single company with turnover of c.£2bn, making it one of the largest plastic packaging groups in the world.