Our client has multiple data centres across the UK and provides colocation, cloud, managed hosting, managed networks and managed application services to customers ranging from SMEs through to large private and public sector organisations. We have an ongoing relationship with the business with projects ranging from mapping local demand and supply dynamics, commercial due diligence during the acquisition of the constituent businesses and advising on asset ownership and development of new service lines.
During this relationship we have carried out extensive desk research and conducted hundreds of interviews with customers and other market participants. This has enabled us to inform and advise our client and potential investors on a range of market issues, including:
- Hosting market demand drivers including data proliferation and Moore’s Law.
- Impact of technological development such as virtualisation and blade servers.
- Outsourcing drivers and inhibitors for example, security and network quality.
- Public and private cloud definition, drivers and inhibitors.
- Pricing trends, including the impact of increasing data centre efficiency.
- Supplier selection, including the importance of location to colocation, private and public cloud buyers.
- Additional services IT buyers like to procure from their hosting provider.
Over the course of our relationship with the client they have achieved strong organic and inorganic growth. We continue to provide consulting support.